Friday, November 11, 2011

Blog 6: Comments about Red State, Blue City

     I took the time to read through each of my classmates blogs and knew immediately that the blog posted by Red State, Blue City was the one I needed to comment on.  The blog concerns the problems and frustrations with education system in Texas in relation to performance and budgeting.
     I agree wholeheartedly with the author, who is a mother of two who have gone through the school system.  The attachment I have to this article is my two young children that are both in the public Texas education system.
     I really can appreciate the facts laid out in my classmates blog as she does a really good job of painting the grim picture that is the reality of our education in Texas.
     We are growing faster than most every state, while we are being forced to cut school district budgets severely. I, again also agree with my classmate that improving the education budget and performance should be a priority no matter the cost. I agree that legalized gambling could bring in SO much more revenue for the state of Texas.  Money that is currently pouring across the borders into Louisiana and Oklahoma.
     It's very sobering to see the facts as to where Texas ranks nationally on the test scores. With the resources that Texas has available, the education system should NOT be suffering the way that it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment